Wednesday, May 25, 2011

More New Features in Civil 3D 2012

In some of my previous blogs, I talked about a handful of new features to take advantage of in the 2012 product.  Today, I would like to talk about three additional tools that at your disposal.

The first tool I will talk about is creating cross sections that can sample multiple corridors at the same time.  In the past this wasn't possible because the corridor was ultimately tied to the alignment and corresponding sample line group.  As you can see in the screen capture below, you can now have more than one corridor selected when sampling sources.


The second tool I will talk about is tangency check.  Like other design checks that are currently available, you will now notice an option that checks for tangency as shown below.  I think lots of times we take for granted that an alignment was created properly since most of them were created from polylines. 

The last tool I will talk about is the new catchment tools that have been added to the software.   Rather than use a combination of the water drop and catchment area, this new tool allows to organize them by groups, and also allows for changing the surface type, flow type, and time of concentration method.





Here again is a sample of some of the improvements that have been in the Civil software.

No comments:

Post a Comment